Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), a multi-billion dollar global manufacturing company, is pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We're one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of clean air and ride performance products for the automotive,commercial truck and off-highway, and large engine markets as well as the aftermarket.
We serve our customersfrom93manufacturing facilities and 15 engineering and technical centers around the world,delivering advanced technologies, quality products, powerful brands and outstanding engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, our30,000employees around the world demonstrate the company'scommitment to shareholder value, our customers’ success, employee engagement and sustainability.
About Tenneco's Engineering Co-Op Program
Tenneco provides an opportunity for students to accelerate their personal and professional growth via transformational experiential learning opportunities. Students working at Tenneco are connected, challenged and coached by experienced Tenneco Learning Partners who have been carefully selected by Tenneco Leadership to support, sponsor, and shape the next generation of early talent for Tenneco and the global automotive industry.
The2019Engineering Co-Op Program (Summer Term)opportunity is located at our Manufacturing Operation inKettering, Ohio.
The primary focus of theEngineering Co-Op Programis to provide hands-on learning and real world experience to engineering studentsenrolled in a cooperative education program at an accredited college or university. By developing engineering capability in design, development, product knowledge, problem solving and technical support, engineering students participating in Tenneco’sRide Performance Engineering Co-Op Programprovide invaluable assistance to Tenneco’s engineering community while workingin one of the following engineering areasduring their co-op work term:
- Quality Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Continuous Improvement
- Maintenance Operations
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in sample builds, teardowns, testing, and inspections.
- Troubleshooting equipment issues and completing corrective actions to address those issues
- Participate / Support / Lead assigned projects in continuous improvement which include quality, cost and productivity improvements.
- Assist in gathering data, analyzing, and drawing engineering conclusions.
- Assist in gathering information on standardization, new technologies, and cost reduction ideas.
- Responsible for test setup, execution, data collection, and reporting.
- Organize and prioritize work requests to meet project timing requirements.
- Develop and implement efficiency, cost, and quality improvement ideas.
- Gain knowledge in engineering procedures, tools, and engineering process development.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.