Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), a multi-billion dollar global manufacturing company, is pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We're one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of clean air and ride performance products for the automotive,commercial truck and off-highway, and large engine markets as well as the aftermarket.
We serve our customersfrom93manufacturing facilities and 15 engineering and technical centers around the world,delivering advanced technologies, quality products, powerful brands and outstanding engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, our30,000employees around the world demonstrate the company'scommitment to shareholder value, our customers’ success, employee engagement and sustainability.
(ABOUT) Tenneco's Clean Air Engineering Co-Op Program
Tenneco provides an opportunity for students to accelerate their personal and professional growth via transformational experiential learning opportunities. Students working at Tenneco are connected, challenged and coached by experienced Tenneco Learning Partners who have been carefully selected by Tenneco Leadership to support, sponsor, and shape the next generation of early talent for Tenneco and the global automotive industry.
The2019 Clean Air Engineering Co-Op Program (Summer Term, July-September)opportunity is located at our Engineering Center inGrass Lake/Jackson, Michigan.
The primary focus of theClean Air Engineering Co-Op Programis to provide hands-on learning and real world experience to engineering studentsenrolled in a cooperative education program at an accredited college or university. By developing engineering capability in design, development, product knowledge, problem solving and technical support, engineering students participating in Tenneco’sClean Air Engineering Co-Op Programprovide invaluable assistance to Tenneco’s engineering community while workingin one of the following engineering areasduring their co-op work term:
- Product Engineering
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Hot End Development (HED)
- Cold End Development (CED)
- Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE)
- Product Validation Engineering (PVE)
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering (AME)
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Student currently enrolled in and in good standing with an accredited cooperative education engineering program.
- Student currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Ability to provide own transportation to/from the job site.
- Ability to participate in a co-op work term (minimum of 10 weeks) during theSummerco-op period (July- September).
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Geographically flexible and willing to relocate during the program.
- Student currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical orindustrial engineering.
- Student with a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Student with prior co-op or intern experience at Tenneco.
(ABOUT) CLEAN AIR
Tenneco is a global leader in designing, engineeringand manufacturing Clean Airsolutions for passengercars, light trucks, commercial trucks, off-highway equipment and high horsepower engines used in marine, locomotive and stationary power applications.
Partnering with our global customers, we deliver Clean Air products and systems designed to meetglobal emissions regulationsanywhere in the world, while ourClean Air technology roadmapensures that we have the right solutions in place to meet the needs of our customers.
Tenneco's commitment to Clean Air product leadership includes investing in the core sciences,including combustion and thermal management, materials science and thermoelectrical energy. This advanced research enables thedevelopment ofcreative solutions that help usto bettermeet customers' current and future emissions control needs.
For more information, please visithttp://www.tenneco.com/our_products/clean_air/