Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We want a creative and experienced Engineering Director for Assistant to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We’re looking for an Engineering Director with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.In this role, you will be responsible for the Assistant engineering organization across multiple products, including Facebook app, Portal, Oculus, etc. To deliver against these surfaces, the Assistant engineering group is organized around speech, languages, reasoning, platform, experiences and context, reasoning and knowledge. We are seeking a strategic product thinker who can drive a vision beyond its own organization and across the whole company.
1. Develop an execution strategy to support key 1P domains with product surface partners, including Facebook app, Portal, Oculus, WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, etc.
2. Develop an execution strategy around extensibility to support key 2/3P partners for scaling the Assistant Platform
3. Develop deep partnership across the Facebook organization
4. Hands-on technical management experience
5. 10+ years of people management experience
6. Demonstrated experience to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
7. Experience building, measuring, scaling, and maintaining a fully AI system
8. Experience with Machine Learning
9. Experience with Hardware Integration
10. System experience
11. Experience with large scale computing
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.