JOB SUMMARY FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
- This job opening is for an electrical/electronic component support engineer.
- The Support Engineer will be responsible for coordination of the verification/validation activities for new and current production displays/clusters/camera components.
- The candidate will work closely with the design team to develop Design Verification Plan (DVP) and perform the required test activities.
- The candidate will be required to document test results and communicate (report out) them to the development team.
- The candidate will also coordinate the scheduling of test activities with internal and external test resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
- Coordination of the validation and verification activities for new electronic components, such as - Display, Cameras, Instrument Clusters, etc.
- Perform the required test activities using development tools.
- Document test results and communicate (report out) them to the development team.
- Coordinate the scheduling of test activities with internal and external test resources.
- Support current production designs including quality improvements, cost reduction, component obsolescence and failure analysis.
- Evaluate Field return failed units and update SEAFOAM.
- Participate with product teams on design development activities (Electrical design reviews).
- Support section efficiency, CPI, APQP and other initiatives.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
- BS in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent in a related engineering field.
- 1-3 years Electrical/Electronic components verification & validation experience.
- Good documentation and presentation skills using MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with basic electronic test equipment such as DVMs, Oscilloscopes and Power Supplies.
- Familiar with root cause / troubleshooting techniques for electronic assemblies.
- Experience with Failure Mode Effect & Root Cause Analysis (FMEA) process.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
- Familiarity with electronic assembly and soldering of components.
- Experience with Electronics components such as Clusters, Cameras and Displays etc.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) tool/process.
- Medical, Dental, Vacation, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award-Winning Employee Care Program. Established and highly regarded reputation with Green Card and H1 processing.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Cool Places to Work,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.