Note on nature of job:
This posting is for Temporary positions as Engineering Estimator at PG&E through the ESC Local 20 Hiring Hall. These positions do not include benefits except medical insurance. However, these positions can be a gateway to career positions at PG&E. Many Hiring Hall employees have successfully transitioned to regular positions at PG&E.
· Prepares construction plans and cost estimates for electrical or gas infrastructure
· Makes field sketches and prepares layouts for construction of additions or improvements to electric or gas systems using utility standards, specifications, rules, and regulations
· Estimates labor and material costs
· Obtains joint-pole agreements, Initiates right-of-way procedures, licenses, permits, etc.
· May also perform customer contact, project coordination, billing, and contract preparation for portfolio of work managed by Express Connections
· May also be responsible for meeting Customer Connections Cycle time target while achieving excellent and very good customer satisfaction
This posting is for Temporary positions as Engineering Estimator at PG&E through the ESC Local 20 Hiring Hall.
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Electric Operation’s Service Planning and Design organization (SP&D) supports the business vision by delivering customers safe, reliable, and affordable electric and gas services in compliance with all applicable regulatory and internal requirements. While part of Electric Operations, SP&D supports both gas and electric operations through its customer project management, design and estimating functions.