At Johns Manville, we provide summer interns with a hands-on work experience where interns learn, explore and participate in day to day engineering activities. Our Roofing Systems lab team is excited to mentor a summer 2021 intern. In this role, the intern will learn about mixing polymers, blending, testing and reading and interpreting data. The Roofing Systems Lab Intern will be hands-on and work side by side with our team to test the physical properties of finished products. This position reports to the Product Engineering Manager and is located at our Littleton, CO facility on 10100 West Ute Avenue. Candidates must be willing local to the site in order to be considered.
What You Bring To The Team
* Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Engineering.
* Completed sophomore year of undergraduate coursework and enrolled in classes for Spring 2021.
* Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Pursing a Bachelor's Degree in, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
* Strong organizational, computer and communication skill
* Willingness to learn new tools
* Able to meet commitments and deadlines
* Enjoys working in a high paced team environment
* Committed and passionate for results
* Able to communicate effectively with team members and management
* Must have excellent writing skills
* Experience with Minitab or Statistical.
* Experience with Polyurethanes
WHY JOHNS MANVILLE
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled