Reports directly to Plant Manager or Lead Engineer. The Engineering Intern will actively participate in projects related to processcontrol and process improvement. Hands-on experience may include, but isnot limited to:
- Provide support for key company initiatives, such as lean implementation, downtime elimination, and overall equipment efficiency (OEE)
- Work with subject matter experts to measure current process performance, analyze results, develop improvement ideas, and run experiments or trials to improve results.
- May be involved with new process implementation, involving developing procedures, completing problem analysis, job safety analysis, etc.
- Work with engineering and shop floor team to identify and design fixtures to improve manufacture ability.
- Interface with Engineers to introduce new products to the plant and help troubleshoot problems inherent with production and improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Examine documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
- Prepare and submit Engineering Work Orders (EWO).
- Prepare reports and memorandums as requested.
- May deal with vendors or others outside of the organization.
- May be involved with the evaluation of capital investments and assist in preparation of cost justifications.
KEY BENEFITS GAINED FROM INTERNSHIP
- Coached and mentored by Greenlee engineering leadership.
- Gain technical foundation and acquire leadership skills, project management experience, and cross-functional process knowledge.
- Experience in developing and documenting key processes.
- Work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business.
- Potential leadership growth and Six Sigma Green Belt opportunities.
9554295542Submission for the position: Engineering Internship - Summer 2019 - (Job Number: 18015318)95542trueEngineering Internship - Summer 2019