- Suits a high-performance tech lead or seasoned manager looking to lead a team shipping large-scale distributed systems
- Growing, successful, and high-profile company that’s redefined Unstructured Data Management
- Directly impact products that contribute to the way we stream media, cure cancer, and almost everything in-between
Igneous creates a new approach to Unstructured Data Management that overcomes the modern challenge of file and object data at multi-petabyte scale. Deployable onsite, offsite, in any cloud, and for any protocol - our fully-managed service makes it simple to discover, protect, and move PB-scale data at blazing speeds. Data-centric organizations rely on Igneous Data-Management-as-a-Service to enable diverse workloads ranging from streaming media to curing cancer.
Having exceptional customer demand and entering a period of sustained growth, we're looking for an Engineering Leader to take the baton on a successful team. You’ll use your hands-on engineering background to drive the creation of complex distributed systems with a focus on scale, performance, and security. If you like to get "close to the metal", enjoy working on complex systems, or want to push the boundaries of cloud-scale performance, this might be the ideal opportunity to establish yourself as a highly-successful startup engineering leader. We work primarily in Go – but no previous Golang experience is required.
As a Engineering Leader at Igneous, you will:
- Lead a small team working on our most most visible and impactful work
- Own the health and success of your team's component of our Data-Management-as-a-Service product
- Help elevate your team’s engineering skills while while making your own substantial contributions to our technology
- Be backed by a fantastic management team that includes some of Seattle’s brightest engineering minds with a track record of commercial startup success
- Collaborate with your peers to distill complex problems into elegant, simple technical solutions
- Solve real-world problems in distributed computing, storage, file systems, availability, scalability, and performance
- Be part of building and maintaining a modern, cloud-native environment that’s leveraging the best in Open Source technologies including Golang, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Grafana, and more
- Have a positive impact on our engineering culture and our ongoing CI/CD practices
- Deliver quality software in a motivated, successful, and rapidly growing environment
And we’d really value your leadership, if you (mostly) have:
- Are either a tech lead or seasoned engineering manager with the ability to enhance a 4-6 person engineering team through leadership, mentoring, and hiring
- An practical understanding of large-scale distributed systems
- A desire to work on problems that will take you outside your comfort zone
- Experience on (or leading) a team that shipped complex, cloud-native systems
- Experience with Open Source technologies to deliver solutions relating to cloud, containerization, distributed computing, software defined networking, storage & file systems, or any other high-traffic or highly-performant applications
- Bonus points for experience with: Startup environments, Golang, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, ElasticSearch, anything “close to the metal”, or similar
As our Engineering Leader you’ll be joining a skilled and diverse team during this exciting time of rapid expansion. You’ll be part of the group expanding our underlying platform and tackling the most complex and impactful problems in our organization. Our team provides significant ownership and impact at every level, excellent leadership, leading compensation (inc. benefits & equity), real career development, and a culture built on quality.
APPLY NOW to speak with someone from the team