At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Engineering Manager in our Bridgeton, New Jersey manufacturing plant. The Engineering Manager is responsible to lead the plant engineering team and support all strategic, operational and policy aspects of the plant in the areas of safety, quality, performance, management, and organizational objectives.
- Member of the Plant Leadership team
- Main point of contact for all Capital Projects for the plant
- Coordinate any existing Processing, Packaging, Building and Utilities projects
- Build scope of work and preliminary budgets for potential projects
- Prepare Capital Masterplan with the leadership team
- Responsible for managing Plant’s CAPEX budget
- Coordinate and lead multi-functional teams
- Create, design and evaluate call for tender documents
- Edit and advise on Danone’s Standards
- Serve as technical alignment leader during bidding processes
- Build capabilities within engineering team
- Directly manage one (1) Project Engineer
- You have a Bachelor degree in an Engineering, Science or Mathematics discipline from an accredited College or University.
- You have a minimum three (3) to ten (10) years Engineering Project management experience required, preferably in CPG beverage/food manufacturing. Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification(s) a plus.
- You have experience managing capital projects, CAPEX forecasting and payback calculation
- You have experience with development of Call for Tender documents including, Technical Specifications, Commercial Specifications and Standards
- You have strong computer skills including the use of MS Office, MS Project, Excel, and AutoCAD.
- You are exceptionally organized and self-disciplined to accommodate the management of concurrent multiple projects
- You are highly self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- You understand the essential value of engaging and actively communicating appropriate information to all levels involved with and/or affected by the project
- You have excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- You have knowledge on the followin
- Reading, modifying, process flow and process instrumentation drawings
- Design, Calculation, Implementation and Start Up of CIP (Clean in Place) Systems.
- The design, calculation and evaluation of Ultra Clean Tanks Manufacturing
- Form-Fill-Seal and Preformed packaging equipment from filling to palletizing
- Utility/facilities/building and grounds management including Ammonia refrigeration systems
- Milk chemistry, milk processing and PMO
- Process Instrumentation for Receiving, Storage, Standardization, Homogenization, Pasteurization, Fermentation; and Fermented Products Culture dosing
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion. #LI-NORAM