We are looking for an individual to lead the Design Engineering and Chassis Integration Engineering teams. This position provides direction to teams designing our custom snow and ice removal products and collaborates with cross functional teams supporting process improvements. Accurate, comprehensive engineering documentation and communications positively impacts overall company performance as well as reducing exposure to warranty, re-work and product liability expense. This group is often the technical resource in the eyes of our customers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the group and manage key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis and provide day-to-day leadership of all New Product Development projects.
- Provide input to ensure a thorough and complete ECN process to properly communicate and manage product changes throughout the company.
- Assist engineers with selecting correct design concept and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement of existing products and documentation.
- Support Sales groups on bid requests including cost estimates, specification development, power requirements, center of gravity calculations and axles loadings.
- Manage creation and ongoing maintenance of design standards for the department, including but not limited to detailed piece part and assembly drawings
- Ensure conformance to specifications, meeting performance requirements, achieving cost targets and limiting product liability/warranty claims as they relate to product design or performance.
- Collaborate with Marketing on development of the scope for projects and overall product planning for the company.
- Guide team on selection of materials and supplier for purchased items while partnering with sales, marketing, and various Operations groups
- Assist with strategic decision making for products and corporate direction
- Provide oversight and direction to group to ensure operators and installation manuals cover basic safety and informational sources to protect the liability of the company.
- Work with VP of Engineering to develop future state of the department including tools, systems and best practices.
Normal office environment plus exposure to noise, weather and equipment when working in production and testing areas. Position may require up to 10% travel, including inclement weather where products will be in operation with customers.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Project Management: develop timelines and resources to complete projects to a scope in a timely manner.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem analysis and resolution ability
- Knowledge of and experience with CAD tools
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, as well as Microsoft products.
- Organizational, detail, and follow-up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Related Engineering field required
- Masters Degree in related field optional
- 3-5 years direct engineering experience in truck equipment industry preferred
- Fluid Power Design preferred
Submit your information to DERECK STINSON for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Click here, ONLINE APPLICATION to apply for this job.
“Being a Manufacturing Recruiter with iRiS Recruiting Solutions is rewarding! You’re not just recruiting employees, but are sowing the seeds of your reputation.”
Visit us at www.irisrecruiting.com for more information to help you in your job search.