Work with Vice Presidents of Manufacturing and Management to develop energy project strategy and priorities.
- Coordinate resources to achieve business objectives. Evaluate energy processes for efficiency. Organize, focus, and facilitate teams to work on improvement of systems in high payback areas.
- Establish critical links into energy performance tracking and management reporting systems for key energy and financial metrics related to performance.
- Lead team members on critical energy platform problem solving and/or supplies support. Drive standardization of energy processes across the platform. Motivate team to achieve stated business objectives.
- Prepare and deliver management reports on progress, and facilitate changes in plans to mitigate risks. Manage and support the day-to-day activities of the engineering team and facility teams.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control the work activities of staff in the engineering and building maintenance departments. Manage through subordinate supervisory levels in order to ensure the effective pursuit and completion of technical programs within budgetary guidelines while upholding high standards of engineering/scientific excellence.
- Determine and establish goals, scope, approach, schedules, and manpower requirements to accomplish overall objectives and/or program results. Generate, prepare, present, and review departmental or program budgets, and monitor performance by subordinate units.
- Prepare cost estimates for building renovations or space allocations. Evaluate completed work and check for conformance to specifications. Determine needs for equipment leases, purchases, and services.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and maintain vendor relationships.
This position requires a Master’s degree in Engineering, or a closely related field, as well as 4 years of experience in the job offered or related engineering experience in the fields of energy demand reduction and optimization.
Additionally, the candidate must possess one (1) year of experience with the following:
- Performance, and replacement of building infrastructure and utilities equipment.
- Managing engineering/energy reduction projects simultaneously across multiple sites.
- Using AutoCAD and Microsoft Project to design and implement building infrastructure and utilities equipment.
- Working with Information/Control Systems, including MATLAB, SQL, Visual Basic, C++, C#, and/or PLC Control Systems.
- Up to 75% travel required to LSC manufacturing facilities in North America.
About LSC Communications
LSC Communications is a $3.5B company with over 20,000 employees worldwide serving the needs of Publishers, Merchandisers and Retailers with innovative product, service and technology offerings that combine print, e-services, warehousing, fulfillment and supply chain management to increase speed to market, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies. LSC Communications was established in 2016 as a new company built upon a 150-year-old print manufacturing tradition. By tapping into our wealth of industry knowledge, we are at the forefront of providing the best and most innovative solutions for storytellers around the world.
Learn more about how we bring great stories to life by visiting www.lsccom.com
LSC Communications is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.