CLIENT AND JOB OVERVIEW
This is a direct/permanent FT position with out client who is looking for an entrepreneurial minded Engineering Manager to help them build and grow out their rapidly expanding engineering team. Over the next few months, you will directly help hire and train at least 10 of the best engineers and PM's in the material handling industry. The CEO is looking for an engineering leader who loves to not just manage but build and train a team to deliver projects and products to global clients; someone who values work life balance and giving back to the community, someone who is a hard worker, loves design and wants to be part of a rapidly growing global team.
Come and be a part of building and designing the next generation of material handling systems for exisiting customers like UPS and FedEx! This is an amazing opportunity to join a very successful company as it seeks to leverage its profits and influence for the common good, while maintaining a high level of engineering excellence.
CLIENT Core Values:
1. Quick to Field
2. A Good Product for a Fair Price
3. Positive World Impact
4. Character | Competence | Chemistry
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineering Manager will support the efforts of our client in building a team to deliver on their commitment to serve their material handling customers with excellence, to contribute to our communities, and to operate as an example of ethical and moral principles.
- Manage engineering staff and any third party engineering vendors to facilitate Project Engineering support.
- Ensure high quality of engineering standards and processes at all locations with an eye towards process improvement.
- Provide strong management skills with a commitment to meeting schedules and goals.
- Demonstrate ability to lead, grow, develop, and manage subordinates.
- Be a strong, persuasive servant – leader with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate an attitude of providing excellent customer service with all external and internal clients.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Candidate must be a P.E.
- 3 years minimum experience in design and development of engineered systems with focus on material handling and/or conveyor systems.
- Experience managing, training and building an engineering team
- Working knowledge of scheduling software (Microsoft Project).
- Working knowledge/experience with AutoCAD.
- Ability to work within cost constraints and schedule constraints.
- Ability to work fluidly with management and sub-groups to effectively integrate all components of projects.
- Analytical, detail oriented, and organized.
- Must be able to pass a Skills/Knowledge Test.
- Must pass a drug test, fit for duty exam and background check.