Vice President Technical Services and Continuous Improvement and will have significant involvement in project scoping and capital expenditure.
The Engineering Manager is a corporate position but will be based out of the candidate's choice of several locations . Significant travel is involved as the position supports activities company-wide.
SUMMARY: Understands and reinforces the Company's vision of being the best producer of steel pipe and tube in North America. Manages in a manner calculated to achieve the Vision consistent with the Company's Core Values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, & Growth and Results.
Develops long term and short-term strategies to promote operational excellence through capital investments. Builds strong relationships with vendors, contractors, and plant personnel to propel the company forward in its vision. Promotes strong team-building via cross-functional teams specifically in the operations, maintenance and engineering roles. Desires to be the subject matter expert for process, engineering, and maintenance activities. Drives continuous improvements in all activities through data-driven decision making and monitoring. Manage and provide sound engineering guidance to the project engineering team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the company-wide capital expenditure program
- Strategic Planning for Operational Excellence
- Project scoping and planning to ensure that project deliverables are achieved
- Project management with a focus on minimizing project impact on manufacturing operations
- Vendor qualification and management
- Provide leadership to the project engineering team and plant-based engineering teams
- Provide engineering support to the Operations and Maintenance Teams
- Evaluate project effectiveness through proper metrics, statistical analysis, monitoring, and reporting
- Significant travel should be expected
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Work cooperatively with others to ensure constructive and productive business relationships
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Be able to understand and effectively use computerized business systems and other technology and business platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly Results Focused
- Creative Problem Solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in project engineering/management, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 3 years of personnel management experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, experience with Inventor or Solidworks is a plus
- Strong Command of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Tube industry experience is a plus
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer M/F/D/V.