Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01328832 Date posted 07/16/2019 City Tinker AFB State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW215: Tinker Air Force Base OC-ALC 3001 Staff Dr, Tinker AFB, OK, 73145 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelle (MSEN) organization is seeking a high-energy, team-focused engineer for the role of Manager, MSEN Engineering to support the Operational Military Engines (OME) Mechanical Systems and Externals hardware. MSEN is responsible for all of the engineering activities for the Gearboxes, Bearings, Pluming and Ducts across all OME product lines. The Engineering Manager is an integral part of the MSEN leadership team and serves as the direct line supervisor for a team of engineers.
In this role, you will support one or more Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPTs) and will ensure technical excellence, task execution and support manpower planning.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing and sustaining hardware to meet or exceed module and system requirements
- Ensuring the successful execution of P&W's engineering process, Engineering Standard Work (ESW)
- Working collaboratively to resolve problems with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and system design teams
- Task schedule, resource and budget management
- Supervision and talent development of direct report engineers
- Oversight of engineering work executed by outsource vendors
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 6+ years of engineering/program management/supervisory experience
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- Advanced degrees in Engineering & Business
- Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) Experience helpful
- ACE Associate or Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious and detailed, project management oriented
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms