The Engineering Manager within our Professional Services (PS) organization will lead a multiple disciplinary team in the delivery of customer critical projects. The Engineering Manager is responsible and accountable for the project delivery resourcing, quality, timeliness, and client (internal and external) project sign-offs. The Engineering Manager must be proficient in collaboration, conflict resolution, group interaction and project facilitation. The Engineering Manager must maintain a high level of commitment to superior customer satisfaction through the entire duration of the customer relationship.
Engineering Manager Job Duties / Staffing
Working with the Project Management Organization to maintain proper staffing for all active projects including managing:
- Delivery Team Skills � maintaining a delivery organization qualified to deliver SMS' portfolio professional services.
- Delivery Team Quality � monitoring and managing all delivery consultant's quality and client satisfaction.
- Delivery Teams Utilization - mapping hours worked with project defined hours and expected milestones.
- Developing a career certification path for all W2 delivery consultants, based upon SMS' portfolio professional services.
- Ability to manage a remote team via industry leading tools.
Ensure completion of projects on-time, based upon the Project Management Office (PMO) requirements.
Looks for gaps in work efficiencies and offers solutions to increase productivity.
Provides both verbal and written communications regarding all projects status, risks and issues.
Provides weekly management reports based upon delivery metrics.
Schedules all resources based upon projects and availability.
Meets financial objectives of all projects.
Manages sub-contractor's profitability, based upon Project Management Office's objectives.
Works with internal SMS financial organization to properly track projects to budget.
Leadership: Experience leading a professional services organization. Works well with both external and internal clients. Ability to manage professional services team, project management organization and leadership team. Leads through vision and values and models leadership behaviors.
Communication: Creates and sustains ongoing communications that encourage two-way communication; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client and consultant relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; work to achieve constructive resolution.
Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects, researches and manages data required for professional services delivery; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree preferred in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business.
- Six Sigma or other process certifications.
- Five years IT management experience.
- Proven ability to lead, facilitate and drive decisions with Executive Management.
- Expert Management Skills.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate professional services consultant's objectives and scope feasibility.
- Proven people management skills, demonstrating an ability to lead a team, focused on mentoring and staff development.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of IT approaches to project development, problem solving and planning.
Travel: Up to 90% travel required
Systems Maintenance Services is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. Systems Maintenance Services does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. Systems Maintenance Services also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws.