The team is working on expanding content recommendation to more platforms and more feature verticals. We are looking for an experienced engineering manager who is passionate about and has a track record of building machine learning powered products to join this team.
- Evolve personalization product and technical roadmap and drive for its execution.
- Manage and grow a team of machine learning engineers, software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists responsible for content recommendations and other personalization experiences.
- Establish processes to effectively improve machine learning, engineering and operational excellence.
- Identify and drive the adoption of new technologies, architecture and skill sets for the team to take on new challenges.
- Partner closely with Recruiting to identify and hire strong candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members.
- Coach and mentor team members. Foster their career growth through setting objectives, regular feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Lead by example to actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Product Analytics, Program Management, and others to develop short- and long-term roadmaps and execution plans.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects; Manage program and project risks appropriately; Identify and mitigate internal and cross-functional dependencies and blockers.
- Drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impact to product experience.
- Leverage a strong technical foundation and experience to provide appropriate guidance in a team of senior and staff machine learning engineers and software engineers.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related quantitative field with a focus on machine learning and mathematics. Strong background in software engineering.
- 3+ years of technical management experience.
- 8+ years of combined machine learning and software development experience. Demonstrable experience building and deploying machine learning systems in production. Experience building recommender systems preferred.
- Experience setting a strong vision and roadmap for the team; Actively involved in setting team’s long term goals and execution plans.
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team.
- Demonstrable experience shipping several large projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring engineers at different stages in their career, including senior and staff level engineers. Able to demonstrate the ability to identify the strength and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness.
- Experience hiring talented engineers at different levels.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.