Senior Engineering Manager
We are looking for passionate and experienced engineering leaders to join Armory as we scale. Specifically, individuals with expertise in software delivery and developer tooling. In this role, you will manage and lead engineers on one or more product development teams. You will work in close collaboration with product managers and technical team leads. You will be in service to your teams and support them to have a high degree of impact.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it.
- You have experience coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them.
- You have a proven engineering background with previous experience developing cloud based enterprise grade software.
- You have experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions.
- You thrive in organizing situational complexity that others might consider chaotic.
- You can quickly adapt to ever-changing circumstances/environment and guide your teams to do the same.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
What you'll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Drive and be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers and product managers in solving interesting and challenging problems across the platform.
- Generate and implement engineering process improvements, especially cross-team or cross-functional processes.
- Responsible for teams KPIs to improve throughput, product quality, security, and performance
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization.
- Empower engineers to make great decisions by gathering context from around the organization and increase their visibility.
- Support the team in the larger open source community.
Do you have experience with some or most of the below? We'd love to talk!
- 2+ years experience as a manager
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer
- Cloud platforms
- Container technologies
- Continuous deployment
- Developer tooling
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate complex technical ideas to anyone
Why join Armory?
We are a learning organization. We have a culture of experimentation, which includes experimenting with our culture. Our culture isn't for everyone. We encourage you to learn more about life at Armory via our Handbook, at https://go.Armory.io/Iterate
. In the back of the Handbook is a self-assessment test you can take to determine how strong of a match our culture may be for you.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Armory, our concept of diversity is broad. We understand that diversity comes in many forms and includes age, socioeconomic status, educational background, ethnic identity and national origin, marital and familial status, gender expression and identity, transgender status, disability status, religious affiliation, sex and sexual orientation, veteran status, neurodivergence, and mental health status. As we build a company that is both diverse and inclusive, we are also working on the way we communicate. There are challenges, stumbling blocks, and failings, but we are committed to learning and improving to make Armory a welcoming company. Here is a blog post from Armory's CEO sharing his perspective of being an accomplice, and not just an ally in ensuring diversity and inclusion at Armory.
Armory is a Series C startup backed by B-Capital, Insight, Crosslink Capital, Y Combinator(W17), Bain Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners based in San Mateo, CA. We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So, we are building a platform that unlocks collaboration between your Dev, Sec, and Ops teams and tools, from Code to Cloud. Built on Spinnaker, our Policy-Driven Deployments enable you to innovate with speed & safety. Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive.