Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
St. Petersburg is our primary Softgel development and manufacturing facility in North America with capacity of 18 billion capsules per year. Within the Catalent network, we offer a broad range of integrated formulation and analytical services to solve difficult development and manufacturing challenges.
Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your engineering leadership skills to ultimately hep patients live better healthier lives? We want to hear from you!
Our Engineering Manager oversees the engineering project engineers, drafters, and electrical technicians who are responsible for completing critical projects that support day to day manufacturing operations as well as working on projects to support key PD, technical services and customer programs. This position will play a critical role for supporting existing equipment, in the areas of troubleshooting, upgrades, and process improvement.
- You will manage and coordinate, through the use of technical skills, all activities of the Engineering Operations group in the areas of equipment design, process development and facility improvements.
- You will manage the successful completion of engineering operations projects.
- You will recommend, review and/or initiate engineering proposals developed to insure efficient production methods, flow of work and use of space.
- You will review or prepare design specifications and functional requirements documentation.
- You will manage the construction and installation of equipment for assigned projects.
- You will develop and manage all phases of engineering projects involving changes to the facilities and equipment including cost estimating, scheduling, planning, control and manning while maintaining compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- You will utilize company personnel and outside consultants to implement design and process improvement.
- You will interview vendors/suppliers to obtain materials and equipment needed for completion of projects or for daily operations.
- You will monitor completed projects to insure the anticipated benefits are being achieved.
- You will provide direct supervision to contractors and Equipment Services personnel as the project warrants and control project costs and expenditures.
- You will ensure all impacted procedures are revised according to the project changes and trains personnel to operate and maintain new equipment or following the revised procedures.
- You will compile data and prepares reports from engineering analysis and research experimentation projects.
- Bachelor’s in chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of Project Engineering related experience in pharmaceutical operations.
- Solid knowledge of the Engineering principles.
- Prior supervisory experience is a must and a thorough knowledge of the cGMP regulations is required.
- Demonstrated abilities for problem solving, working as a key member of a team, and motivation to complete Company objectives
- Cross functional exposure to other areas of Operations
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 152 hours of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays
We will identify candidates based on the following Catalent Competencies
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.