Who we are
At SimpleCitizen, we make immigration work better for people and companies by transforming what are often manual and cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We differentiate from the competition through relentless focus on our customers: the immigration applicant and the people who work at our client companies managing global immigration and mobility programs. We are laser focused on creating delightful user experiences, efficient processes and easy access to data and information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we've built a reputation of doing whatever it takes to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence and citizenship at a fraction of the cost and time, while achieving an industry-leading success rate and superb customer reviews and NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we've taken that same attitude and innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space and just recently joined Fragomen—the largest and leading immigration law firm and services provider in the United States and around the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been exclusively dedicated to providing immigration guidance and support and has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide supporting immigration into more than 170 countries. Fragomen's professionals are recognized as the world's preeminent immigration practitioners and thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing and a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our uncompromising customer focus, our innovative approach to technology and our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this bold mission, we'll need the help of the best people in product, design and engineering.
What we're looking for
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help build out and grow several product engineering teams. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering as you grow and enable these teams to do their best work.
- Help and guide engineers on their career paths
- Participate in recruiting functions like interviewing, outreach, and onboarding
- Conduct 1 on 1s and goal setting meetings with engineers
- Contribute and help decide on engineering processes and policies (mostly through our engineering handbook)
- Help plan for future hiring needs
- Participate in technical decisions
- Facilitate effective communication within and outside of the engineering organization
- Plan team building activities and culture initiatives
- Occasionally step in on development tasks when required
- Assist in code review
- Assist in technical architecture and design
- 4+ years relevant work experience
- Experience managing teams as a team lead or engineering manager
- Experience with recruiting
- Strong understanding and experience with web application concepts
- Software engineering experience