|NN, Inc.'s Life Sciences Group has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our fast-growing team! This role will be based out of Vandalia plant located in Dayton, OH and report directly to the Plant Manager.|
The Engineering Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of the engineering function. Serves with other department heads in the formulation and administration of corporate strategies and policies. The Engineering Manager will oversee and guide the work of the engineering department, managing the day-to-day operations of engineering projects, following ISO 13485, and interfacing with other departments as needed. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the flawless launch of new products and for the hand-off of stable processes to operations. He/she will also support operations with quality and process related problem solving, and guide engineers and technicians. The Engineering Manager will report to the Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes, methods and equipment in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
- Manage high precision machining operations, new product development, customer VA/VE, process, tooling, and gaging development and improvement.
- Recommend and implement improvements to production processes, methods and controls, confers with management, engineering and other departments regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to maximize efficiencies
- Supervise, lead, direct, support and provide development for the Engineering Department, consisting of, but not limited to, the engineering staff and the support staff
- Direct and coordinate cost estimating activities related to the design and building of tooling, fixtures, machinery, or other equipment as required for the production of parts
- Plan, direct and review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Direct and coordinate activities of the engineering function, and delegate responsibility for the attainment of goals and objectives
- Support in technical sales activities and partners with customer’s engineers to offer value added solutions
- Confer with other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
- Partner with Level 3 to design and implement continuous improvement programs in the areas of cost/productivity, quality and service to ensure the accomplishment of annual and long-term business goals and objectives in the plant
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals and objectives
- Assure that all tasks are performed in a safe and responsible manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience in managing engineering administrative systems such as; drawing control, standard work, technical routers, standard costing, quoting, and new product introduction in a medical environment.
- Experience in managing, hiring, and organizing technical resources to optimize results in new product quoting, introduction to the shop floor, and improvement of existing processes.
- Significant expertise in precision machining, tooling and fixturing design, precision metrology and GD&T.
- Must have demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement through the use of Kaizen, lean tools and six sigma and the ability to impart those skills onto others.
- Able to critique customer designs to improve design for manufacturability and add value to the part function.
- Possesses the technical ability to critique and evaluate tooling, process, and gage design and to evaluate and solve problems related to improve process capability, reduce scrap, and improve output.
- Possesses the technical ability to critique and evaluate special projects such as robotics, automated assembly machinery, and other specialized equipment
- Ability and willingness to travel to visit prospective and current customers, suppliers and manufacturing locations as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Ability to clearly present recommendations/ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential material
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications
NN, Inc., a diversified industrial company, combines advanced engineering and production capabilities with in-depth materials science expertise to design and manufacture high-precision components and assemblies for a variety of markets globally. NN has 51 facilities in North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America and China.
NN, Inc. provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Employer-paid disability and life insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance and other ancillary plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement