Do you enjoy participating in projects? The Doe Run Company is seeking an Engineering Manager to provide engineering and technical support to SEMO operations. This position is located in Southeast Missouri at our Mining & Milling Division in Viburnum, MO.
- Participate in project design, planning, coordination and implementation
- Provide technical support to operations and execute plans for smaller projects including bidding and purchasing.
- Responsible for record retention of paperwork, shop manuals, drawing and schematics
- Oversee inspections and maintenance of SEMO tailings dams, aid operations by monitoring on-line data feeds from operations
- Assist Doe Run personnel with engineering solutions and generating options to questions and/or concerns from operating sites.
- Partner with vendors on projects inclusive of resource management, project planning and executive
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- A minimum of 8-10 years of hands on engineering experience preferred
- Experience in design, planning and commissioning of projects
- Experience in managing complex engineering projects
- Professional Engineer Certification (PE) is a plus
- Knowledge of MSHA a plus
- Exposure to a mining environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook & Visio), Adaptive and I-Series
- Exposure to Autocad a plus
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally at all levels and effective communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to include high attention to detail
- Ability to identify root cause, propose recommendations and make good business decisions
- Knowledge of key engineering principles
- Understanding of regulatory, federal and state compliance standards
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world's largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, Mo. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located athttp://sustainability.doerun.com/.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.0