Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Engineering manager would be able to lead multiple large and complex areas or projects, while remotely supporting needs of individual contributors.
- MTY based - Lead efforts to expand team commissioning expertise towards a life-cycle engineering perspective; including, but not limited to design, drawings, order entry, configuration, visualization and testing.
- Awareness of cost impact of direct vs indirect labor.
- Forecasting workload and managing indirect hours.
- Awareness of the relationship between Statements of Work and inputted forecasts (YLF).
- Strategic and Tactical Initiatives/Projects - Track status, steering committee, report out status.
- Ability to partner with remote team members to track progress, success and gaps in personal and project performance.
- Ability to identify, align and manage skills and development target goals.
- Ensure compliance to local and supported authorities for visa management.
- Maintain schedule for individual contributors for direct team, while coordinating with large team to ensure level-loading of team members.
- Managing to scope, budget and schedules per SoW request.
- Build cross-functional partnerships with regional managers to maintain consistency and standards.
- Project support and initiative to push and support high priority demands; including technical support and training as needed.
- Understand scope of technical responsibility to support team growth and focus.
- Maintain team tools, including but not limited to, laptops, PPE, etc.
- Approves Travel Authorizations and Expense Reports in Concur.
- MTY - Participate in cross-functional technical reviews to ensure alignment of technical specifications and customer requirements.
- MTY - Participates in design review with sales and solution development for project quotation.
- MTY - Reviews solutions development quotes for technical and costing accuracy.
- Continuous monitoring, evaluation and reporting of team status.
- Responsible for approving project schedules and holding teams accountable, review, reject & offer solutions.
- Working with internal partners to proactively clear potential project delivery roadblocks.
- Issue resolution or conflict resolution.
- Ensuring project is going through quality gates / process adherence.
Technical Engineering Tasks:
- Responsible to ensure that engineers are technically trained in order to meet project requirements.
- Elevates capability of the senior engineers - technical and soft skills so they can lead small commissioning teams.
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Performs technical reviews of engineered concepts and solutions to ensure commissioning plans are aligned.
- Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Leads commissioning team in technical diagnosis and troubleshooting of complex execution gaps.
- When needed, acts as senior lead engineer for site execution and informs project management and senior leadership of gaps and recommends solutions to issues.
- Engineering commissioning site execution best practices and engineering innovation.
- Provide effective coaching and technical guidance, communicate as necessary with all levels of managements, customers, and subcontractors on program team.
- Application of engineering skills while traveling to customer sites to maintain skilled in daily maintenance, set-up and troubleshooting of logistic technology and equipment execution
- Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field.
- Reviews most common commissioning processes to establish best practices and standards for continuous improvement.
- Ensuring adherence to standard work and quality processes.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise.
- Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
- Meets regularly with direct reports to provide engineering skill guidance and developmental support
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Controls), Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in a directly related field. Demonstrated leadership capabilities in current role. Previous mgt experience not required.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills including demonstrated stand-up presentation skills, group facilitation and ability to effectively interact with customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively in a team-based organization and with employees of all levels and backgrounds across all functions.
- Ability to work individually and under minimal supervision to include a mixture of both remote and office environments leading distributed workforce.
- Travel up to 50% to the customer site, other Dematic offices or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs.