- Lead a cross- functional team to manage programs from concept to commercial execution and post-sales support including service packs and bug fixes
- Create schedule, identify critical path, and maintain throughout execution
- Coordinates closely with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams to document project scope and objectives
- Integrate business, marketing and technology elements to create a cohesive project vision and team charter.
- Lead project teams to maintain a project plan aligned with Eaton stage gate product development process
- Manages project and product definition activities related to marketing and/or technical requirements
- Work with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology and execute programs within scope, time and budget.
- Document project activities, issues, concerns and status to keep management informed and enable timely resolution of project problems.
- Participate in the development and use of project management procedures and guidelines at Eaton
- Manages new product development and introductions of electrical, mechanical, software, and firmware products.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in program management or engineering team management of new electromechanical new product development/introductions.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Windsor, CT will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelors in Engineering would be preferred
- Strong leader with excellent communication, organizational and people skills and the ability to work across functional groups
- Knowledge/Experience of best practices in project management methodologies, processes, and technologies
- Proven track record of managing new product developments through a stage gate process
- Experience managing projects in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with third party consultants and partners
- Regulated Manufacturing Environment Experience
- Experience working with geographically dispersed engineering and business teams
- Proficient with project/program management tools such as MS Project
- PMI certification and/or Scrum Master certification
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
- Experience with Atlassian tool suit or similar system to track development progress and interact with the team.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Financial acumen to complete required capital appropriation request for the assigned programs.
- Works in a cross-disciplinary manner across many departments (e.g., Engineering Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Compliance, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates the stage gate processes to achieve successful project launches.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to follow directions.
- Ability to articulate and promote project management best-practices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton’s Airport Lighting Division (ALP), located in Windsor, CT is a market leader in providing innovative lighting, power management and control solution for airports worldwide. We are seeking a world-class engineering program manager to drive the development and implementation of ALP’s product lines. The nature of these projects involves mechanical, electrical, software, testing, and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what, and how of system development and will own the execution of the program schedule.