Title: Engineering Project Manager (Greater Wallingford, CT Area)
Business Unit: Microfluidics
50 Barnes Park North
Wallingford, Connecticut, 06492
Engineering Project Manager
RD&E Development Lead
This job position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations. Therefore, all employees working in this capacity must meet citizenship status. Per the IDEX Health & Science, Export Controls Policy and Procedure, the employee must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing engineering projects within the Microfluidic Business line, part of global IDEX Health and Sciences with this position located in Wallingford, CT. This includes, but is not limited to, managing schedules, customer deliverables, risk, and engineering costs through the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as general project management. Other engineering projects include continual improvement activities such as vendor management, test equipment development and manufacturing-line builds. This position requires expertise integrating consumables into large systems and ensuring technical rigor, focusing on fluidic and optical detection integrations.
- Develops, maintains, and drives engineering project schedules and deliverables
- Lead customer-driven projects from initial concept, through development and verification/validation testing, and into Manufacturing
- Coordinates implementation of the IDEX Health & Science Product Development Process: conception to release
- Develop project proposals and statements of work for client programs
- Work with client to develop roadmap to providing solutions to their applications
- Manages projects on a day-to-day basis, working closely with Customers, Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Vendors to complete projects in a predictable manner
- Works with internal and external customers to translate identified customer requirements into accurate requirements and specifications
- Facilitates design and delivery of projects that meets specification: test plans, test methods, cost at performance, creation of models/drawings, material planning, and prototype testing
- Manages the budgets and project spending through creation, reporting and tracking of budgets
- Track engineering time and NRE against both internal and external projects
- Provide systems and software expertise for to support both the development of internal projects and client product integration challenges
- Define, develop and deploy instrumentation, test equipment and light automation to support products, both in development and existing
- Some travel required to support project coordination efforts (<10%)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, or Science
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Aptitude to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Capacity to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Experience working at the systems level with life sciences and/or diagnostics instruments
- Skilled in effectively presenting information to top management and public groups
- Knowledge working as a systems or software in life sciences and/or diagnostics
- Experience managing projects in an FDA regulated environment is desirable
- Experience working in a matrix environment, with exposure to multiple locations
- Able to comfortably interaction with multiple groups and with self-discipline to follow up and follow through
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW (MICROFLUIDICS):
Microfluidics is a manufacturer of fluid materials processors for unparalleled cell disruption, microencapsulation, microemulsions, dispersions, and deagglomeration. Microfluidizer processors provide consistent and reproducible formulations as 100% of your product is exposed to identical processing conditions every time. Scaleup is guaranteed to provide a seamless transition from the laboratory through the production of High Shear Fluid Processors, Proof of Concept, Process Development Consulting, Nanoemulsions, Cell Disruption, Polymer Nanoparticles, Polysaccharides, Particle Size Reduction, Nanoencapsulation, Liposomes, and De-agglomeration.
ENTERPRISE OVERVIEW (IDEX CORP.):
Microfluidics is a division of IDEX Corporation. IDEX (NYSE: IEX) is a company that has undoubtedly touched your life in some way. In fact, we make thousands of products that are mission critical components in everyday activities. If you or a family member is battling cancer or another life-threatening disease, your doctor may have tested your DNA in a quest to find the best-targeted medicine for you. It’s likely your DNA test was run on equipment that contains components made by our IDEX Health & Science team. You can enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables thanks in part to Banjo, an IDEX company. Banjo valves are used on the agriculture sprayers that apply fertilizer on crops. And if you were ever in a car accident, the Hurst Jaws of Life®/LUKAS® tool may have rescued you. Founded in 1988 with three small, entrepreneurial manufacturing companies, we’re proud to say that we now call 40 diverse businesses around the world part of the IDEX family. With 7,000 employees and manufacturing operations in more than 20 countries, IDEX is a high-performing, global $2+ billion company committed to making trusted solutions that improve lives. For more information, visit www.idexcorp.com.
Microfluidics (an IDEX business unit) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled