About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KAIT-TV, is the ABC/NBC/CW affiliate in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and the #1 rated station in the competitive market. Jonesboro is home to Arkansas State University, and several high tech companies that focus on hiring and developing young professionals. Jonesboro is a quick drive to state parks, boating in the Ozarks, and a close drive to Memphis, Tennessee, and Little Rock, Arkansas. Jonesboro is one of the most desirable cities to call home.
KAIT, the dominant television station in the Jonesboro market has a rare opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The successful candidate will assist the Chief Engineer with the management and coordination of the Technology Department, and will play a vital role in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of station technology. This is a great opportunity for a current leader or an experienced engineer looking for a management opportunity.
General Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Assist the Chief Engineer with the management and coordination of the Technology Department, including but not limited to maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair activities, installation and integration of new equipment, departmental planning, staff scheduling, and updating/creation of system documentation.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair issues with the transmitter and its associated support systems.
• Work towards becoming a subject matter expert on KAIT’s physical and signal plants and its associated technologies.
• Work alongside other department members to maintain, to the highest level possible, the signal quality of the station, and provide technological support to all functions of the station. Ensure that the station is operated in accordance with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices.
• The successful candidate will be required to participate with other department members in on-call duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Formal education in and proven experience with electronics theory and troubleshooting are a must.
• Proven track record of exceptional organizational and management skills required.
• The successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
Have experience with and knowledge of (preferred) or willing to be trained in areas including, but not limited to:
o Digital Audio/Video/Compression theory and troubleshooting
o Basic TCP/IP networking skills
o Cable termination
o Broadcast regulatory compliance
o VHF solid state transmitter troubleshooting and maintenance
• Relevant industry certifications are not required, but are a plus.
» Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.