Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
The Engineering and Sustainment Manager shall:
- Lead and manage a diverse work force supporting network engineering and sustainment for mission-critical Air Force networks which include terrestrial and satellite links.
- With the approval of government leadership, oversee Network Architecture and Design; Network Operations; and Operational support for classified and unclassified networks and applications. Provide technical direction to ensure networks and applications meet government expectations.
- Work with the Cybersecurity team to ensure networks, applications and data maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Ensure the availability of Unified Communications, including VoIP and VTC.
- Oversee efforts to respond rapidly and efficiently to outages, perform root cause analysis when required, and recommend engineering or process changes to prevent outages and improve performance.
- Review technical project documentation for final draft coordination and subsequent release. Includes assisting personnel with project documentation and web site development as needed.
- Collaborate with government stakeholders, teammates and other contractors to meet all mission requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Provide expert technical analysis and direction to optimize mission performance while minimizing program risks.
- Help ensure program compliance with all government laws, policies and regulations and directives.
- Institute and maintain industry best-practice standards, processes, and methodologies.
Required experience and qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience supporting federal government programs either in government or as a contractor.
- 5+ years of experience as a network engineer or enterprise architect.
- 2+ years of experience maintaining applications and servers.
- Active TS/SCI clearance or a final TS clearance with SCI eligibility.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related engineering or technology degree.
- Hold one or more of the following active certifications: MCSE Server Infrastructure, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Firewall, VMware VCA.
- CISSP or other DoD 8570 IAT Level III certification.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing ITIL best practices.
- Experience with network architectures including both satellite and terrestrial TCP/IP networks.
- Experience working with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
Desired experience and qualifications; it is desired that the candidate meet one or more of the following experience requirements
- CCIE certification.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.