VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets. VT Group is seeking Engineering Technician 1 to be based in Bremerton, WA .
The Engineering Technician 1 will have a thorough knowledge of submarine C5ISR installation practices and procedures as demonstrated by successful accomplishment of installation tasks. Assists Project Manager by directing activities of the installation team. Provide Project Manager with installation status and implements risk response plans and recommends work-arounds. Will be assigned to medium or large tasks ranging from routine to complex/high risk installation. This position follows assembly drawings and instructions. Strong knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures with the field of submarine/shipboard electronics repair, fabrication, and installation. Relies on experience and judgement to perform the functions of this job. Works under guidance of Project Managers, where work is reviewed. Typically reports to a manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Performs tasks which require knowledge, judgement, physical abilities and effort. The following tasks are typical of this occupation but not limited to the below:
- Schedules work in accordance with the Project Plan.
- Ensures that work is accomplished in accordance with company Work Instructions and procedures.
- Assigns work packages to installation team members.
- Reads blueprints, wiring diagrams, and other technical documents, process sheets, and assembly and schematic drawings including Cable Running Sheets
- Discusses standard layout and assembly procedures and problems with Project Manager. Ensures that redline markups are maintained and provided to the Project Manager
- Schedules and arranges for delivery of material and equipment to the job site. Monitors on-site availability of material, equipment, and tools to ensure that the proper resources are available as needed.
- Ensures that the work spaces are properly maintained and all excess material, equipment, tools, and trash are removed from the job site upon completion of the installation and that disposal of excess material is accomplished in accordance with direction from the Project Manager.
- Maintains inventory records of material and equipment received on-site and records disposition.
- Enforces quality and safety policy and procedures on the job site.
- Completes RMMCO (Regional Maintenance and Modernization Coordination Office) check-in requirements prior to the commencement of the installation and RMMCO Check-out requirements upon completion of the installation.
- Conducts pre-installation ship/site surveys and pre-installation checkout.
- Controls and updates the QA Plans and Test Workbook.
- Identifies problem areas to the Project Manager and provides information for Condition Discrepancy Reports.
- Attends production review meetings either with the Project Manager or as the Project Manager’s representative.
- Provides installation support during Installation Verification Testing or SOVTs. Installation and support include: assembles, repairs, connects and installs equipment such as multi-cable transits (MCTs) and cableways and evaluates system performance under actual operating conditions with Project Manager
- Uses electronic test equipment to locate defects, measure performance, determined need for adjustments, and verify specified operation
- Provides the Project Manager with the status and progress of the installation; completes and submits DSRs (Daily Status Report)
- Provides status for Task Order closeout
May also at times preform duties as assigned such as:
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances, painting, stacking, moving equipment and materials
Education and/or Experience
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience: Ten (10) years’ directly related experience in C5ISR submarine installation environment. OR Associates Degree in engineering field plus six (6) years’ directly related experience in above OR Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field plus three (3) years’ directly related experience in above. OR Combined equivalent of education, training, certifications, directly related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Based on the work location, the position may require the obtainment of certifications such as a Man Aloft Certification, Shipyard Competent Person Certification or CPR Certification.
KITCO, multipin and fiber optic connector certifications are preferred but not necessarily needed at the time of hire.
May require ability to obtain and maintain appropriate level of security clearance depending on the contract.
Other Qualifications and Requirements
Must be able to travel as required.
Must be able to on occasion work times of 2nd and 3rd shifts and overtime as needed
If required to drive, must have valid driver’s license.
Ability to work in or with:
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined and or dark spaces
- Operate small/power tools
- Familiar with NAVSEA Standard items and procedures
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.