Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
An ABET-Accredited Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is REQUIRED.
FLSA status Non-Exempt
Starting monthly rate: $4,533
Under semi-direct supervision, performs design and field work on projects related to providing service to customers from the distribution system, the development, rehabilitation, or alteration of the substations and distribution systems.
- Performs design and fieldwork in the development, rehabilitation, or alteration of sub- transmission and distribution facilities.
- Prepares sketches and drawings (CAD), specifications, estimates, construction authorities, permits, Telephone Company Tabulations, and similar items associated with the assigned projects.
- Makes field trips, as required, to inspect distribution and sub-transmission facilities and physical surroundings for the purpose of determining the project design and obtaining information and measurements.
- Performs computations required for proper design of the assigned project. Enters information, design specifications and cost information into various computer systems based on the specific project. Performs manual or computer system tasks, as necessary to obtain or provide field information.
- Coordinates projects to ensure timely completion of design phase. Provide customers with one point of contact and meet with customers, customer, municipal and utility representatives as required to field jobs, provide customers with meter and service locations, quote cost and collect fees when requested. Inspects customer’s work to ensure compliance with Company specifications.
- Assists in performing more complex projects, load and voltage tests and other related work on a periodic basis to gain experience necessary to progress to the next higher-level technician work.
- Performs other work related to the above as required or assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- An ABET-Accredited Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is REQUIRED.
- Ability to work well with the public and communicate clearly and concisely and must have good organization skills.
- Working knowledge of Computer Assisted Drawing (CAD) and GIS Systems
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge of National Electric Code
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing mathematical and electrical computations related to the duties of the job
- Must hold a valid Drivers License
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.