Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineering Technician IV
Duties and General Functions: Engineering technicians perform one or more of the following functions. Applies engineering techniques, principles and precedents to develop, design, modify, install, test, evaluate, or operate electrical, electronic, avionics, mechanical, communications, stores, armament/ordnance, or related data processing systems for military weapon systems, associated support equipment or facilities, automotive or small craft. Maintains, repairs, inspects, troubleshoots, or programs equipment and components. Reviews, analyzes, develops, prepares or applies engineering, technical or maintenance specifications, policies, standards, or procedures. Organizes, analyzes, and prepares reports or presentation of technical data and information. Plans and performs tests and evaluations on systems, equipment or components. Compiles, processes, reduces, and analyzes test data and results. Operate and maintain marine propulsion (diesel/gasoline) and electrical/hydraulic systems; in both inland and open ocean boat operations of boats up to 100 feet. Performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project. Selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts. Contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work. Reviews analysis, and integrates the technical work of others. Provides supervision and training to other technicians.
Other Requirements/ Experience/Skills/General Functions:
- Provide support to the Atlantic Targets and Marine Operations Division both on the east and west Coast
- Responsibilities to include boat operations, maintenance on both mechanical and electrical systems.
- Shipboard support to include knowledge of launching and recovery of small boats.
- Applicant must be able to perform said duties with minimal supervision.
- Position will be a part of an established Marine Operations division that supports multiple other
Systems on a variety of projects nationwide.
- Candidate can expect to be trained to participate in functions beyond normal operations.
- U S Citizenship is required
- Ability to travel 40-50% 0f the year, from one to six weeks at a time..
- Ability to obtain a passport.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening
- Possess valid state driver’s license, Commercial Driver License is a plus.
- Physically capable of transferring between vessels at sea.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic Micro Soft Office proficiency
- Minimum 8 years’ experience performing the stated functions. 10 years’ experience in lieu of post high school training and education.
- General knowledge of boat operations, mechanical and electrical operating system.
- Experience with driving pickup trucks with trailers on the road and in enclosed or limited spaces.
Security Clearance is required: DoD Secret Security clearance required and ability to maintain clearance throughout employment.
Must be a US Citizen
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trade school training a plus.
- Professional certifications/licenses a plus
- Successful completion of technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum or course in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, armaments/ordnance, or engineering technology; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurance
• Tuition and Training Assistance Program
• Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid Vacation & Sick Leave Plus 10 Paid Holidays
• Mobile Phone Service Discounts
• Discounted Gym Memberships
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.