Lam is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees. Our manufacturing facilities follow strict guidelines including social distancing protocols, temperature scanning, and maintaining safe distancing between workers, and workstation sanitizing between shifts.
We are seeking Engineering Technicians with junior to senior skill levels.
Day and Swing shifts available (swing shift includes 10% pay differential).
Lam’s Engineering Technicians perform assembly and test operations of newly developed and highly complex semiconductor equipment. Determine and assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process in order to improve the quality of products for customers.
Works closely with engineers to resolve issues related to new product introduction such as manufacturability and form, fit, and function for future builds; identify and resolve bill of material, technical discrepancies, and troubleshoot advanced semiconductor process equipment, while engaging with engineering and management.
Performs assembly and testing associated with manufacturing operations, using mechanical drawings, technical work instructions, and electrical schematics; uses sophisticated programs and diagnostic equipment to collect and evaluate operating data to conduct real time adjustments to products, instruments or equipment.
- Effectively read and follow work instructions for proper product assembly
- Create Problem Reports (PRs) and inspection instructions; work closely with engineers to resolve issues related to new product introduction such as manufacturability and form, fit, and function for future builds
- May troubleshoot moderate to highly complex mechanical and software issues within an assembly manufacturing environment
- Complete all required safety training; follow safe work practices and adhere to personal and product safety guidelines at all times; support safe work environment by responding directly and quickly to unsafe practices; utilize appropriate PPE following clean room procedures; follow LOTO policies and procedures; safely and consistently utilize fixtures (list hoists, lift track, gantry cranes, lifting tool, etc.)
- Perform Risk Management By Walking Around (RMBWA) inspections and document, correct, and/or escalate safety issues/hazards to appropriate individuals/departments
- Effectively work on a team in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Must meet one of the following:
- Associates degree in electronics or related technical field with 2 years related military and/or work experience; or
- Bachelor's degree with 1 year of related military and/or work experience; or
- Six+ years military and/or work experience in electronics or related technical field
- Four+ years’ experience in semi-conductor industry building or troubleshooting role
- Able to work up to 12 hour shifts in a clean room environment wearing PPE (bunny suit, safety glasses, masks, shields, gloves, safety footwear)
- Consistently demonstrate ability to be flexible and responsive to changing priorities (ex., rework, overtime)
- Willing and able to install components from a working height between 12”-71” and reach into machines to perform tasks
- Operate computer interface and navigate diagnostic software
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Effectively read, write, and communicate with others in English
Physical requirements for this role include the ability to squat, kneel, walk, climb (stairs and ladders), and stand over 50% of the time; lift and install up to 35 pounds manually; push/pull assembly dollies using <~40lb force; perform repetitive motions using hands and various hand tools; and distinguish between colors for wire identification.
This posting is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the scope and function of the position.
To apply please use the following links:
Req. #145741: Engineering Technician – Day Shift - Fremont:
Req. #145761: Engineering Technician – Night Shift - Fremont:
- Donation-Matching Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Health Care On Site
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Performance bonus
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
Competitive pay and generous benefits!