JOB TYPE: Contract, W-2
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
JOB SUMMARY FOR Engineering Technician:
- Responsible to prepare 3D CAD models including but not limited to: routing electrical lines, schematic, and sheetmetal brackets. Engineering drawings using Creo 3D software, assist engineers in troubleshooting designs and drawings, and maintain engineering release and change documentation.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Engineering Technician:
- Working with electrical group, background in this area would be helpful.
- Responsible to prepare 3D CAD models and engineering drawings using Creo 3D software, assist engineers in troubleshooting designs and drawings, and maintain engineering release and change documentation
- Create or modify 3D models and engineering drawings for use in manufacturing.
- Verifying 3D models and engineering drawings meet the customers’ needs while also adhering to Caterpillar Engineering Standards.
- Use PLM software for storing CAD files, creating engineering notices, and maintaining Bills of Material.
- Create engineering notices for all 3D model and engineering drawing changes and creations that adhere to Caterpillar Engineering Standards.
- Collaborate with Engineers and peers to troubleshoot design issues along with 3D model and engineering drawing issues and discrepancies.
- Complete projects in a timely manner to meet customer due dates and the Teamleads’ project schedule.
- Communicate to the Teamlead any delays or issues that are encountered during a project so that the project schedule can be kept up to date.
JOB EXPERIENCE FOR Engineering Technician:
- Required: Minimum Technical school diploma or certificate in Computer Aided Drafting (or 5+ years of Computer Aided Drafting experience).
- Preferred: AAS degree in Computer Aided Drafting.
- Experience with Computer Aided Drafting Software;
- Basic Microsoft Office and Windows knowledge;
- Basic soft skills including verbal and written communication;
- Basic problem solving and critical thinking skills.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR Engineering Technician:
- Experience with 3D CAD software (preferably PTC Creo);
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Good mechanical aptitude and 3D spatial awareness;
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing;
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment;
- Flexibility to adapt to the frequent priority shifts of changing business demand.
- Experience in Electrical Routing
- Good organizational and time management skills; Good mechanical aptitude and 3D spatial awareness; Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing; Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment; Flexibility to adapt to the frequent priority shifts of changing business demand.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, Placing People First. Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We’ve also won many awards, including twelve 101 Best & Brightest awards, four MMSDC A.C.E. Awards, multiple Crain’s awards and multiple Corp! magazine diversity awards. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.