Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. develops and delivers a wide range of products, services and solutions that support government and commercial customers around the world. We specialize in delivering mission-critical systems, advanced technologies and engineering solutions in areas ranging from unmanned solutions to space systems, secure communications, C5ISR, training and more. With offices across the United States and in technology centers around the globe, our people are dedicated to solving complex challenges that demand creative, innovative thinking.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under minimal supervision of an engineer, provides technical support on engineering projects relating to design, test, repair, troubleshooting, fabrication, assembly and production of electronic hardware.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides technical support on engineering projects as required by engineers.
- Perform electrical and environmental tests on prototype circuits and subsystems, using test procedures or general instruction from engineers.
- Assists engineers in analysis of engineering process.
- Conducts tests on company product using standard and special test equipment.
- Reads/utilizes procedures and performance specifications to perform tests.
- Optimize circuit performance for manufacturability and prepare information for transfer to production.
- Works with Manufacturing and Quality Control as required.
- Provide support to customers and manufacturing on production products as required.
- Maintains/demonstrates proper use and care of assigned tools and equipment.
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Performs additional technical tasks, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of calibrating and using Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Digital Scopes and other instrumentation for testing at RF and Microwave frequencies.
- Measure VSWR, Noise, Amplitude/Phase, Gain, Switching Response, Compression point, Harmonics etc.
- Working with IF and RF products including Amplifiers, Limiters, Mixers, Analog/Digital Control Devices, Frequency Sources and Microwave Integrated Assemblies at RF, Microwave and mm-wave frequencies.
- Work with Engineer to tune and to optimize components and Microwave Assemblies using microscope. Experience with bonding and soldering micro-electronics components is a plus
- Ability to build test fixtures and bread-boards from schematics.
- Perform basic environmental screening
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Electronics or technical school training in electronics or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years electronics technician experience
- Two years in an engineering environment
- Security Clearance
- Familiarity with RF and electronic test equipment (Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters etc.)