Engineering Technician / Welder
White Sands Missile Range, NM
JSL Technologies, Inc. (JSL) is a certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and Veteran-Owned government contractor providing engineering, logistics, and program support services to the Department of Defense (DoD). Our team of over 350 employees is committed to delivering practical, innovative, and affordable solutions. We are headquartered in Oxnard, CA and provide top tier services across the nation. JSL fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed, and highly accomplished professionals who respect each other, hold themselves accountable, and continually strive for improvement. We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants must have an active security clearance and/or the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance. Selected candidates will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain a DoD government-granted security clearance. Individuals will be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to, criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
You will assist with and perform highly skilled technical work in areas of installation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical equipment with a wide knowledge and high degree of proficiency. Specifically, you will assist with welding of launcher systems in order to maintain program launch capabilities.
- You will be responsible for completing checklists, inspections, recording/preparing materials, and parts lists for repairs and reporting abnormal conditions and safety hazards.
- The technician will frequently operate various industrial lifting equipment, man-lifts, overhead cranes, hoists, and forklifts in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for welding equipment and supplies
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and a willingness to take personal responsibility for safety when required.
- Responsible for maintaining the work area in a safe and organized condition.
- Employee operates as a member of the team, but not as a lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance level Secret
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a current Welding certification/qualification
- Be able to work in difficult working conditions, such as heat, cold, dust, noise, wind, dirt, etc.
- Able to lift over 50 lbs.
- Active U.S. Security Clearance level Secret
JSL Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.