Glosten, Inc. (equal opportunity employer) is seeking a full-time Engineering Writer to join our team in Seattle, WA.Glosten is an employee-owned naval architecture and marine engineering firm that has served the marine industry for over 60years.We work in teams, do exciting projects, and enjoy a stimulating, fast-paced, and collegial environment.
Glosten is looking for an engineering writer to create, contribute, and edit content for engineering reports, specifications, project memoranda, grants, journal articles, and other types of written documents. Our ideal candidate strives for excellence, is motivated to pursue internal and external growth opportunities, and thrives in a culture of teamwork, integrity, and innovation.
We are a company drawn to unique and challenging projects. We have grown our team to 100 employees who are ready to solve complex problems and think outside the box.We are continually searching for methods to improve our technical performance and business to better serve the industry. We believe the secret to our success is our talented associates and our culture of mutual respect and cooperation.
Please visit our website (www.glosten.com) and our social media pages to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at Glosten.
Interested applicants should submit theircover letter, resume, and technical writing samplefor review.
We are looking for a candidate to work closely with our Project Managers, Group Leads, Director of Operations, and Marketing and Business Development group to coordinate, support, and lead a variety of tasks including:
- Development of engineering deliverables and other technical documents, including reports, technical specifications, scholarly articles, grant applications, and presentation materials.
- Editing technical documents to suit audience and adhere to a consistent tone and style.
- Developing, maintaining, and conveying written communication standards.
- Providing project management support to help keep projects on schedule and budget. May include document tracking and organization for simultaneous projects.
- Preparing presentation materials for meetings. Chairing and facilitating meetings, where appropriate, and distributing minutes to all project team members.
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent time management, planning, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, both in person and remotely.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Due to project restrictions, Glosten will only consider applicants with unrestricted access to work in the United States or those eligible for TN visas.
- Understanding of marine industry terminology.
- Knowledge of A/E/C specifications and associated terminology.
- Team management skills.
- Deltek Vision or Vantagepoint familiarity.
- Microsoft Project familiarity.
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop familiarity.
- Bachelor's degree; English, Business, or other applicable field.
Glosten offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, bonus and profit-sharing plans, and a 401(k) plan.
Glosten is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.Glosten does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply for this position.
Interested applicants should submit the following items to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- Technical writing sample
Applications missing these documents will not be considered.