California Intercontinental University is a private accredited university that offers undergraduate degree and graduate degree programs. CIU provides educational opportunities for students to enhance their careers or start a new career. Our focus is personalized student service and support. To learn more about CIU, please visit: www.caluniversity.edu
An Enrollment Advisor encourages prospective students to use higher education to prepare for professional success. Matching abilities and interests of the applicant with the right education program offered by the University, the advisor offers support, guidance and accountability throughout the admissions process. The Admissions Representative is responsible for recruiting and enrolling students who are passionate, motivated, and committed to changing their lives through education. He/She consults potential students from all sources to encourage participation and graduation. This position provides outstanding customer service to all California Intercontinental University constituencies. The Enrollment Advisor represents California Intercontinental University accurately and compliantly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Recruiting and Enrollment Activities
- Generates quality referrals from prospective enrollees and current students. Contacts referrals to motivate them.
- Makes outbound calls daily to set appointments with prospective enrollees for interviews.
- Conducts interviews to showcase the campus’ offerings
- Consults prospective enrollees on the benefits of California Intercontinental University’s programs and services.
- Works closely with the enrollment team and Financial Aid team to ensure prospective enrollees complete all required enrollment forms (e.g., Enrollment Agreement, Application for Admissions, Transcript Request, Financial Aid, etc.).
- Assists with orientation of newly enrolled students to ensure a positive start to their educational experience with California Intercontinental University.
- Interviews and Builds Relationships with Prospective Enrollees
- Pursues prospective students to determine fit with California Intercontinental University based on career goal compatibility.
- Schedules and conducts interviews by phone with qualified candidates to provide information on program offerings and to discuss best program fit.
- Accurately and completely explains educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to prospective enrollees
- Conducts follow-up meetings with all applicants to ensure on-going interest and successful enrollment.
- Prepares Students for a Successful Start
- Communicates with students via regularly scheduled one-on-one phone calls, letters, emails and other events to ensure potential student is prepared to successfully start school and graduate.
- Schedules group events to facilitate networking among potential students and to ensure that they are prepared to start school and graduate.
- Creates opportunities for potential students based on specific need (e.g., obtain student identification card) thus increasing the likelihood that once the student starts school, they are able to focus on school and be successful.
- Conducts regularly scheduled, structured student prep events to ensure Admissions can assist students to prepare to start school successfully and meet the admissions requirements.
- Ensures accurate documentation of all student interactions and conversations in Velocify.
- Guides Students First Days of Class
- Works with Admissions Representatives and other departments to encourage students to attend class every day and to make progress towards established program standards.
- Assists in resolving issues and barriers (e.g., financial aid complications, personal issues, etc.) to students’ successful completion of provisional period goals in conjunction with other departments.
- Coaches, advise, and motivate students throughout their tenure to increase the graduation rates and career success.
- Accurate and timely completion of all required admissions reports including goal worksheets and daily, weekly and term reports.
- Mandatory attendance at training sessions and meetings.
- Use the telephone effectively to maximize all leads while achieving maximum enrollment results.
- Be professional, congenial and cooperative and promote a collegial work environment that is respectful of all individuals and departments.
- Be familiar with and abide by the university catalog and employee handbook.
- Other projects or tasks as directed by Director of Enrollment.
- Daily and weekly reports contain evaluative criteria applicable to this position.
- A formal review will be conducted annually and may be conducted more frequently depending on longevity and supervisory needs.
Associates degree, or equivalent, or relevant work experience. Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree, 2-3 years of experience in sales or business development, experience with College Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services, or Career Placement departments.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); knowledge of Campus Nexus desirable.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Creative, innovative, problem solving skills – Proven educational or administrative experience in solving problems for individuals and teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and utilizing problem solving and judgment skills is required.
- Strong critical thinking skills –Able to provide examples of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Customer Service – Offers excellent customer service to all students; handles difficult or emotional student situations; responds promptly to requests for information; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to students and peers without interrupting; maintains control of emotions
- Oral Communications – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrates one-on-one presentation skills.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual goals; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building positive team spirit; puts success of the team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires trust of others; works with integrity and upholds organizational values
- Strong work ethic, timely and accurate prioritization of all job responsibilities – Proven track-record of multi-tasking and the ability to prioritize work load. Must be able to manage tasks under the environment where there are timelines and stated metrics
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes paperwork accurately and on time; supports organizational goals and values
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantitative experience – At least one year of experience with online student services, reporting, sales, or related area is preferred.
- Adaptability – Adapts to chances in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives to meeting and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
This description is intended to indicate the kind of duties and level of difficulty required for this position. It is not intended to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties nor to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, or control the work of an employee under his/her supervision.