The College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS) at Colorado Christian University (CCU) is continuing to grow and excel in its opportunities for non-traditional students to complete their degrees in an online setting. With this growth comes the need for professional Enrollment Counselors to engage with new and prospective students during the enrollment process.
CCU currently has several openings for Enrollment Counselors in the Global Online Enrollment Center in Lakewood, Colorado. The Global Online Enrollment Center Enrollment Counselor (GOEC EC) will use effective sales and marketing skills to enroll prospective students into the Online Programs in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in a call center environment, apply proven marketing and inside sales techniques to attract students to Christian online higher education.
- Articulate to potential students how Colorado Christian University fits into their education goals.
- Treat prospective students as customers and be able to answer questions related to their educational wants or needs at Colorado Christian University.
- Achieve and exceed monthly enrollment goals. Make calls or receive calls from students or family members inquiring about educational programs. Must be able to persuade and convince our customers why CCU is a good fit and how faith can integrate with their daily lives and educational/career choices.
- Regularly measure and report student recruiting activities (including inbound & outbound calls/e-mails/task management within CRM) to leadership on a daily and weekly basis.
- Work effectively and positively with other CAGS staff and faculty to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the University community. Harmony within the Global Online Enrollment team is critical to meeting overall department goals and working within a biblical framework.
- Monitor actual enrollments daily, in relation to individual goals and as established by leadership, and will execute proven techniques to accomplish enrollment goals.
- Function as a member of a university-wide team, focused on enrolling, retaining, and serving online adult and graduate students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Two or more years of experience in college/university admissions, sales, public relations, corporate development, marketing, or other related field. Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve enrollment goals and utilize proven educational enrollment techniques; inbound/outbound telesales experience preferred.
- Proven oral and written communication skills, highly organized, and a demonstrated ability to manage time effectively with multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and as an individual contributor.
- Experience with MS Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Experience with admissions software and contact management preferred.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. Requires sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and conducting phone conversations for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.