Our growing company is seeking to hire an Enterprise Application Developer. As an employee/owner at MEC, you will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and existing software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. Day to day duties will include developing and maintaining software supporting all aspects of the business. They will be primarily responsible for working with the business to understand requirements and develop sound process to meet stated requirements.
Location: Byron Center, MI
A role like this comes with some important responsibilities, including:
- Support the companies use of Epicor CMS ERP by resolving issues that may be procedural or software development related.
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts to develop new enterprise applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Coordinate with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Develop processes that enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Participate in internal planning meetings providing feedback on project priorities, progress and results
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs
- All other duties assigned.
What Does It Take to Be a Fit for This Role?
Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, and/or two years equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge & Experience
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining ERP systems.
- Proficiency in RPGLE, SQL, DDS, CLP highly desirable.
- Understanding of IBM System or AS/400.
- EDI experience and understanding is a plus
- Personal Attributes
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.