ODS - Enterprise Information Analyst
Apex Systems, the 2nd largest IT staffing firm in the nations, is seeking an Enterprise Information Analyst for one of our largest financial firms in the Salt Lake valley. This is a long-term contract position that will need to sit in downtown Salt Lake City.
This person acquires data from operational systems and positions it to support operational reporting. This candidate is expected to become a Subject Matter Expert in both banking system information and ODS standards, processes and best practices.
- Analyze, and map system data into the ODS to meet reporting and analytical business needs of our customers
- Create and maintain clear, detailed, and accurate metadata for each field as well as information about the grain and contents of each table.
- Test and validate data attributes based both on source data, business knowledge, and results to assure the data accurately reflects the source system and business needs
- Work with source system team members to understand system nuances and resolve issues
- Work with reporting team members to find and explain data and communicate the scope and impact of future changes including the creation of release notes.
- Take ownership of the SDLC process success and manage work quality and quantity through frequent releases, closely coordinating with ETL developers, modelers, PM's, and Analysts
- Advanced analysts lead small projects and teams to develop solutions for our reporting customers by working with the modeling and architecture team, ETL team, and business analysts across multiple departments
- Other duties as assigned
- MBA preferred; Bachelor's degree plus related experience may meet requirements
- 4+ years' experience in data warehouse, business analysis, operations support, business intelligence, software development, project management, or other directly related experience
- Requires strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with management, peers, and technical staff
- Candidate must be able to estimate scope and schedule and meet deadlines; both waterfall and agile experience a plus
- SQL skills with data testing experience and software project experience
- The preferred candidate will have a deep knowledge of the banking industry, loan and deposit systems, regulatory reporting requirements, or data warehouse experience
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178