At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position is responsible for managing the Enterprise Procurement function including leading a team of Buyers in the acquisition of goods and services for meeting the company’s business needs while ensuring compliance with the company’s procurement policy. The Procurement Manager provides direction, leadership, and day to day supervision to plan, develop, implement, administer, and continuously improve the procurement functions including;
· Strategic Sourcing
· Category management
· Demand planning
· Training and development
· Contract administration
· Supplier Performance
How you will make an impact:
- Develops, implements, and manages procurement department policies and procedures
- Leads a team of Buyers to achieve year over year cost reductions and ensure compliance with company legal and risk guidelines
- Drives on-going rationalization of vendor base to ensure it is right sized for maximum volume/cost savings leverage and that vendor capacity/capability meet category requirements
- Continually evaluates the effectiveness of current practices and procedures; monitors, analyzes and forecasts contract activities; and provides oversight of Procurement performance through KPI and compliance reports.
- Supervises the strategic sourcing process by developing and maintaining annual Strategic Sourcing Plans; prepares supply and demand profiles; develops sourcing strategies; implements a competitive supplier selection process; coordinates contract integration; measures department performance against standards and benchmarks; implements joint process improvement programs with strategic suppliers by assessing the success of current processes and programs; and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyzing supply markets, identifying sourcing value levers, executing competitive Requests for Proposals (RFIs/RFPs) and leading supplier negotiations.
- Ensures appropriate staff workload distribution for procurement staff to ensure effective quality customer service.
- Establishes corporate purchasing policies, procedures and standards.
- Prepares monthly variance reports and annual operating budgets.
- Manages staff including determining staffing needs, setting goals, interviewing, selecting, coaching, and evaluating the performance of all direct reports
- Plans and oversees work assignments and recommends staff adjustments.
- Ensures department web site is developed and maintained.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-taking abilities.
- Significant experience in leading Strategic Sourcing activities (RFx process, contract negotiations, demand planning, and vendor management).
- Demonstrated success in partnering on procurement transformation projects
- Detail orientation and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of purchasing trends and forecasts.
- Excellent customer services skills and interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal MBE, WBE and DVBE guidelines.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance