Enterprise Software Engineer
Arizona State University
Research Tech Development
$66,888 - $82,000 per year; DOE
The ASU Knowledge Enterprise is seeking a talented full-time Enterprise Software Engineer to join it's Research Technology Office. The Research Technology Office (RTO) within the ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances institutional research success through the promotion and application of technological services and solutions. Our technical advisers are trained to recommend solutions that address the complex and specific needs of researchers and research administrators. Services that RTO provides to ASU's research faculty, labs and centers include:
- file storage
- virtual machines
- contract review
- security policy
- workflow automation
- data management
As the Enterprise Research Engineer, you will work closely and collaboratively with teammates and customers to design, create, develop, enhance and maintain enterprise research administration solutions and associated tools based on requests to ensure consistency in content in accordance with established standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Develops web forms, templates, database-driven web pages, new web tools and dynamic areas within web pages designed to enhance, sustain and support ideas and vision of the area in compliance with established styles and standards
- Provides technical consultative suggestions and recommendations to users for continued enhancements to web content and informational areas
- Works closely with users to understand requirements, security needs; develops and presents initial design ideas and associated tools, tests functionality to ensure objectives are achieved; integrates user developed content
- Identifies and troubleshoots errors and/or problems with web based applications; works collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolution; escalates as appropriate
- Participates as either leader or team member in a wide variety of projects to develop and improve routine procedures through use of innovative and technology supported solutions; prepares associated documentation and end-user training
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations
- Designs, develops, maintains and enhances a variety of online instructional content, services and forms to facilitate the delivery of a technology based curriculum along with associated supporting content
- Provides technical support in the production of multimedia-based layouts, graphics, animations, video and sound; designs web interfaces and develops layout design/content; selects illustrative materials for use ensuring consistency, accuracy and compliance with all standards.
- Prepares training materials and associated documentation.
Bachelor's degree Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related. 5 years web, graphic design and database including creating and updating table structures and views as well as CSS development.
- Documented experience with C#, PHP, and SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft enterprise application products (e.g., SQL Server, IIS)
- Experience developing solutions using enterprise platform-based products, particularly the HURON RESEARCH SUITE (formerly Huron Click Platform)
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking. Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop computer; bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
For the fourth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report have named ASU as the most innovative university all four years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. http://research.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf . You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID#52941BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3831385_5494
Depends on experience