Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Responsible for administration and support related to Avaya voice and call center environments.
- Planning, installations, support and maintenance of PBX telecommunication systems and voice mail.
- Administers Avaya call center CMS environment
- Maintains current documentation for all telecommunications systems such as phone vectors,
- VoIP, PBX, IVR, toll free numbers, call management system, trunking and voice announcement scripts
- Coordinate VoIP, PBX, IVR, and other telecom related services by contracted vendors
- Evaluate the availability of telecom related patches and updates to existing software/hardware
- Supports telecom moves, additions, changes and deploy new hardware and software
- Conducts regular telecom related efficiency analysis to improve service delivery
- Maintains a current telecom related circuit, hardware, software, and licensing inventory
- Provides reporting to management of critical business systems related to operational readiness and utilization
- Recommends technology purchases that will support and enhance the company’s systems.
- Logs Service Requests with service or software providers when issues cannot be resolved internally
- Prepares Training and system documentation
- Develops, document and revises system, test procedures, and quality standards
- Provides staff and users with assistance solving systems related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems
- Remains highly adaptable - Due to the changing nature of priorities in supporting business users, this role requires high adaptability
- Tracks and maintains constant communication with the business users from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Consults with management to ensure agreement on system principles
- May provide consultation on complex projects
- May supervise the work of others
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with 8 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Advanced understanding of technical and functional aspects of Avaya PBX systems
- Hands-on experience with enterprise level telephone systems including operational support
- Knowledge of Call Center configurations, processes, data capturing, reports and analysis
- Demonstrated project management experience by successfully leading and concluding a technical implementation or upgrade required.
- Strong ability to solve complex technical issues
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management application knowledge required
- Experience with relational databases, client-server concepts andIP fundamentals
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work independently
- Strong ability to understand, document and troubleshoot various enterprise applications to resolve issues affecting production
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.