We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the direction of the Lab Director/Manager, this position provides leadership and technical expertise to direct a quality and compliance program within Blood Donor Center (BDC) and Blood Bank (Transfusion) Services. Responsible for maintaining a quality system essential throughout the multidisciplinary Donor Center and Blood Bank operations of PIH Health enterprise (Whittier and Downey campuses) to ensure conformity with all regulations, laws, guidelines, and standards of licensing, accrediting, government, and credentialing agencies.
Travel is required between both campus!
- Technical skills in Blood Bank (Transfusion Services)
- Working knowledge of regulatory and accrediting agency requirements (CLIA, DHS, CAP, FDA, AABB)
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with writing policies, procedures, and reports
- Experience in audit and assessment process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in English
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently
- California licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or National licensed Medical Technologist (ASCP)
- Five (5) years previous CLS in Blood Bank/Acute care setting.
- Specialist in Blood Bank (ASCP, SBB) certification
- Three (3) years previous management experience
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V