Randstad is seeking an Enterprise Windows Migration Consultant who will be responsible for supporting Windows desktop and virtual migrations, technology assessments, driving planning, design and implementation/execution of enterprise scale migrations, covering desktop OS, Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, Office 365,and cloud infrastructure in a fast-paced consultative environment. This is a customer-facing and technology focused role. You are the subject matter expert and you thrive on hands on implementation and sharing your well researched opinion with customers and partners.
As an Enterprise Windows Migration Consultant you will:
- Assess, design and implement migrations supporting client needs
- Provide analysis of the environment (network, hardware and applications) to assess readiness gaps
- Develop technical standards upon which implementation designs are based, often in consultation with Technology Architects - Knows how to write standards
- Address problems and research questions within the assigned technology domains and implementations
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years experience in a customer-facing role (can be internal IT customer)
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of migration experience
- Proven experience with prior windows OS desktop migrations (XP to Windows 7/Vista/Windows 8.1) using industry standard tools (SCCM/MDT)
- Proven experience with windows 10 OS desktop migrations (Windows 7/Vista/8.1 to Windows 10) using industry standard tools (SCCM/MDT)
- Experience creating/managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs to support the implementation of security baseline settings for Windows 10 client desktops.
- Experience creating/managing Microsoft Active Directory GPOs to manage Windows 10 features and settings (i.e. App Locker, Secure boot, Windows Hello, Device Guard)
- Experience converting end user systems from BIOS to UEFI booth technology
- Experience creating Windows 10 gold images and configuration of Default user profile/start menu layouts
- Experience creating Windows upgrade and deployment Task Sequences in SCCM or MDT
- Experience with hardening Windows operating systems to STIG compliance
- Experience creating and managing Windows 10 as a Services (WaaS)
- Must have Windows 10 Migration and Windows 10 upgrade/deployment projects experience
- Must have SCCM OSD experience
- Experience working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMware Horizon) required
- High-level communication skills to influence and persuade others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to management.
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
- Ability to write design (and related) documents.
- Experience creating and utilizing powershell scripts to automate common functions a must
- Experience migrating large infrastructures from physical to virtual environments
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with O365, Exchange, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, MS Office Suite and Cloud a plus
- Experience with InfoBlox, SharePoint and Okta a plus
- Proven Windows 10 migration experience
- Experience working in the Agile methodology
- Experience working with Windows Upgrade Analytics in OMS/Azure
- Knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural and design needs.
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Microsoft Baseline Security and Policy Analyzer