Entry Level Accountant
We are looking for an Entry Level Accountant that will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll; provide timely and accurate payroll information; responsible for the complete cycle of Accounts Payable; various financial reporting and analysis; and other miscellaneous accounting duties. The successful candidate must possess the following qualities: Must have BS in Accounting / Finance. A high degree of professionalism and ability to deal with sensitive and confidential material. Candidate also needs to be detail oriented and possess organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills. Experience with ERP systems is a plus. Strong analytical and technical skills; verbal and written communication skills; and strong Microsoft Office skills required. Able to work with all levels of the organization. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process weekly and semi-monthly payroll for approximately 450 hourly employees. From time card reconciliation through payment (to employees, state agencies, 401k facilitators, etc.), & recording to the general ledger.
- Input / Maintain / Reconcile employee data within the HRIS system
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, 1099, etc.)
- Full cycle Accounts Payable processing – from entering, coding and approval of invoices through payments and reconciliation of A/P GL accounts
- Tracking and maintenance of accrual accounts
- Preparation and analysis of balance sheet account reconcilements related to payroll and AP to ensure accurate recoding within the general ledger and correcting inconsistencies as necessary.
- Preparation and analysis of financial data to support management decisions
- Audit support for auditors
Management will assign other job responsibilities as required and as appropriate to the position.
We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefit package, including a contributory 401(K), and tuition reimbursement.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org