Hiring for an Accounts Receivable Clerk for a company in Marlborough. M-F 8AM-5PM $14-$15/hr. Need either 6 months-1 year of recent Accounting experience or will consider recent Accounting/Finance grads that have just strong Excel skills.
This role will consist of: To research and validate customer invoices in regard to deductions, charge-backs, and collections. Be able to identify invalid claims taken by customer and resolve in a timely fashion. To properly apply deductions approval, collection of any money due, and payables pertaining to unauthorized deductions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding customer deductions.
· Reconcile deduction for short, damage, pricing discrepancy, and any other customer related claims.
· Input lists of items, numbers, or other data, e.g., customers' account number, amount, program code, description and accounting code into computer system.
· Enters, split the deduction by customer division numbers. Apply deductions correctly into a budget or promotion code. Audit backup received and create a pending deduction data in system if needed.
· Follow up open invalid deduction for payback resolution.
· Research proof of delivery for short/damage quantity adjustment claim.
· Rarely create a carrier bill back invoice via AS400 for quantity deduction claim.
· Approve and maintain an accurate aging report and/or TO DO LIST in timely fashion.
· Provide excellent customer service to customers, brokers, and internal partners to resolve outstanding deductions.