SERVICE TECHNICIAN - AERIAL LIFTS:
Dawes Rigging & Crane Rental, Inc.
Dawes Rigging and Crane Rental is seeking an Entry Level Aerial Service Technician Apprentice– Non-Union. Willing to train the right person. Hands-on experience with aerial boom, telehandlers, and scissor lifts is a big plus. Prefer local candidates or those willing to relocate.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on all makes of aerial boom and scissor lifts
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify components as needed
- Reads, understands and interprets operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings
- Positive interface with service writers, supervisor, parts department and customers
- Prepare proper documentation of actions taken
- Able to work with diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting and repairs
- Maintain conformity to safety requirements and other regulations
- Possessing a CDL is a plus
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Must have a strong diesel engine, hydraulic and electrical background
- Strong initiative required; ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work safely around moving machinery; to work in conditions with marked changes in temperature & humidity
- Ability to safely operate complex construction equipment
- Able to lift 50 lbs
Manufacturer’s training will be an integral part of this position. Applicant must be willing to learn new computer, electronic and hydraulic systems, follow safety guidelines as they evolve in our industry, and remain certified within the various portions of our field such as assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting.
ALL Crane Family of Companies
The ALL Family of Companies and its affiliated branches are Equal Opportunity Employers with competitive wage and benefits packages in a drug-free environment. The ALL Family of Companies is the largest privately-owned crane rental and sales enterprise in North America, with 38+ strategically located branches operating under the ALL, Central, Dawes, and Jeffers names – including specialized divisions for aerial lifts, boom trucks (ALT Sales), and parts. Since 1964, the ALL Family has been a leader in the lift industry – with market strengths that include commercial construction, roads & bridges, power generation, plants & processing, facility maintenance, and more. We are ALL that you need.
The ALL Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- 1 year(s): At least 1 year experience.
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Class B CDL
- Driver's license
- Class A CDL
- Construction background a plus
- Withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and gases
- Able operate complex construction equipment
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work safely with moving machinery
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description