Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Entry Level Business Development and Sales team member will work out of one of our California manufacturing facilities (Modesto, CA or Victorville, CA) and in close coordination with the Regional Sales Team for 6-12 months prior to being assigned service accounts and product segments for new business development. During this initial training period, this team member will spend several weeks at our corporate headquarters in Plymouth, MI, receiving extensive training to gain an understanding of our products and customers. The program will include one-on-one training with a Senior Marketing & Sales Mentor and exposure to key departments and plant operations. After successful completion of the training, he or she will be given the opportunity to generate new business and ensure growth of existing accounts.
- Build, maintain, and develop relationships with customers via meetings, phone, and emails
- Visit Plastipak sites and development centers to learn and understand the processes used in our business and well as the quality systems employed
- Visit existing and prospective customers
- Learn and participate in the project management cycle
- Assess application of company products/services and offer solutions to meet customer needs
- Use technical knowledge of product offerings to support and build sales
- Gather market and customer information
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering, Marketing/Sales, Business, or Packaging degrees are preferred
- Strong engineering skill base desired
- Relevant internships or experience preferred
- Must be able to travel 40%-50% out of state
- Team player who enjoys working with people
- Strong work ethic with good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, striving to do the best
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, good business acumen
- Above average technical aptitude with the ability to interact with a diverse customer base
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical and dental insurance (includes a vision discount program).
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Referral bonus program.