Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an entry-level professional with a degree in civil engineering to support a growing Civil Engineering team. The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated professional with a basic understanding of engineering principles related to water resources, geotechnical engineering, and civil design.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Wood’s Civil Engineering team and will work with and be mentored by our civil design, water resources, and solid waste professional engineers. Engineering efforts include preparing design calculations, developing computer models using industry-specific software programs, preparing plans & specifications, and preparing reports.
- Performing calculations related to civil, water resources, and solid waste design
- Building spreadsheets and computer models for various design elements
- Assisting with preparing permit applications and construction documents
- Under direct supervision, interact with clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training certification preferred
- 0 – 2+ years’ experience in civil/water/drainage/solid waste design
- Able to work well in a team environment, multi-task, and handle multiple assignments at once
- Possess good analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience or knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.