DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation is looking for motivated hard-working Entry Level Civil Engineers to join our team in Lansing or Waterford, MI!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform engineering, construction, and design assignments of a limited nature, requiring a solid grasp of at least one engineering discipline and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Typically given projects of minor complexity; may have leadership responsibility for less experienced staff.
- Perform work under close supervision and provide support to more experienced personnel.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of all construction project activities and quantities.
- Perform analyses and design required for minor structures, systems and equipment items.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams for use by technicians. Review and check detailed drawings and layouts.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, economic and technical feasibility studies, and studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems, equipment, materials or engineering methods.
- Assist in the preparation of contract / proposals specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Review contractor's shop drawing submittals.
- Perform construction monitoring and coordinate field activities.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 1 – 2 relevant internships
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification, pursuing Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.