Pontchartrain Partners, LLC has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Civil Engineer in the New Orleans, Louisiana area! Candidates must be willing to travel to our project sites throughout the South East, South West, and Midwestern United States.
Scopes of work include but are not limited to heavy civil and marine construction specifically related to coastal restoration, rock dikes, bank stabilization, weirs, levee construction, levee repairs, underground utilities, pile driving, structural concrete, and building construction.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Programs
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation for Full Time, Salaried Employees
- Paid Holidays for Full Time, Salaried Employees
- Paid Sick Leave per Executive Order 13706
- Performance Reviews, Discretionary Bonuses, and Discretionary Annual Increases
- Per diem while traveling per company policy
General Job Duties:
- Civil Project Engineer candidates must be team players, with a strong and consistent work ethic. Candidates should have an interest in working on heavy civil and/or marine construction projects specifically at the federal level.
- Participate in the setup and maintenance of construction engineering and project management including planning, scheduling, budgeting prior to and during the project.
- Assist in the coordination and expediting necessary to ensure proper and timely delivery of shop drawings and submittals, construction materials, change orders, pricing, and related approvals.
- Assist in creating, updating, and referring to requests for information (RFI) logs, submittal logs, bulletin schedules, and start-up document checklists.
- Assist in updating and maintaining contract drawings with new contract information received during construction.
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and updating project schedules.
- Assist with compilation of project close-out/operation and maintenance manuals for delivery to owner.
- Must be able to work as part of a team. Teamwork will require taking direction from supervisors, delegating to/coaching field staff, and working with project superintendents, QC managers, Safety team members, and office administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or 5 years of Heavy Civil Construction experience in lieu of degree.
- 1 to 3 years of construction field experience preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to travel to our project sites nationally.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Experience in Primavera scheduling software preferred.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
Pontchartrain Partners, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.